Thursday, August 8, 2013

Theme Thursday: Statues

It has been on my heart to return to blogging and when I saw a link-up at Cari's, I knew this was my chance to dip my toes in the water again.

I received this statue, Our Lady of Hope, from my sister and nieces as a gift to celebrate our new baby who is scheduled to arrive in five weeks from today!



It was earlier this year that I was first introduced to this depiction of Mary and I fell in love with her. My sister knew none of this, of course, but Our Lady likes to surprise us like that. :)



Check out the other statue posts linked up at Clan Donaldson.

8 comments:

  1. Oh I've never seen that "version" of her! So lovely. What a beautiful gift. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time for me also! Beautiful! You have a great looking family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is perfect, love it! So comforting to a lady in waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these statues. I think I saw them at the Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament's gift shop (Was your sister just there?)and wanted one so badly but I'm running out of space for statues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful statues. I've never seen the top one before. Congrats on your new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just took my breath away. That statue is so special! What a wonderful gift to celebrate a pregnancy. Congrats on your upcoming birth. I'll be praying for a safe delivery and happy and healthy mom and babe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I have a special devotion to the Blessed Mother and the rosary. I met my husband after praying the 54 day rosary novena.

    May God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete

The words of the reckless pierce like swords, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.
Proverbs 12:18

Thank you for commenting in the spirit of love and charity.